“I believe that a godly home is a foretaste of heaven. Our homes, imperfect as they are, must be a haven from the chaos outside. They should be a reflection of our eternal home, where troubled souls find peace, weary hearts find rest, hungry bodies find refreshment, lonely pilgrims find communion, and wounded spirits find compassion.” --- Jani Ortlund
-- Jani Ortlund

Saturday, 18 March 2017

Still in an Irish mood...

My old granny and teddy are dreaming up their dinner from the Irish cook book. Looks like they settled on a fish dish today.

Sounds nice and healthy!

Image result for herrings on toast

On a chilly day, a fresh pot of tea and a few slices of toast topped with smoked herrings makes a really nice lunch. If I can't find fresh herrings I buy them tinned...but always just the plain smoked herrings. I don't enjoy them floating in sauces such as tomato etc. I prefer to eat them without overbearing flavours from spices or other added ingredients.
Give me a piece of plain toast and a simple herring and I'm a happy girl!

Irish kitchen prayer:


2 comments:

  1. So wholesome and tasty! My dad loves herrings, potted and smoked with a hearty slice of mother's soda bread so I think you'd enjoy lunch with us!
    Thanks so much for stopping by yesterday and visiting!
    Blessings to you! I'm now following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, herring on a small piece of toast and a pot of tea ~ doesn't get much better than that! God bless ♡

    ReplyDelete